Last Updated May 17, 2018
Information We Collect
Through your use of our services and website, we may collect Personal Information from you if you choose to provide it, including without limitation:
- Your name, email, username, phone number, company and address (“Contact Information”);
- Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”);
- Pages and products viewed, length of your session, emails from us that you opened, domain information, location information, browser type, operating system (“OS”), Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and device information (collectively, “Analytical Information”);
- Communication information including online support and contact center communications, registration and participation in Informetric events and activities, subscription preferences;
- Publicly available information about you from third-party sources;
- Your mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers;
- Other information you upload or provide to us.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To Process Transactions: We may use your Contact Information and Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make through our services.
- To provide Customer Service: We may use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services or warranties and to communicate with you information that you request from us or provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you.
- Feedback: We may use your username, email address, products purchased, and other user-generated content you may provide when you rate and review our products.
- Website Registration: We may use your Contact Information when you create an account through any of our services in order to provide you a more personalized user experience.
- Analytics: When you use our services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information for technical analysis so that we can continually improve your experience with us and to target marketing and advertising to you.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to determine what products may be of interest to you, provide you with marketing communications (unless you have opted out of such communications) and to conduct market research. We may also use information you provide us, including your industry, whether you own our product, experience with our products, and user-generated content, for these marketing purposes.
- Location-Based Services: We may use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to provide your contact information to local representatives or business partners.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our services to you.
How We Share Personal Data
We may provide your personal data to:
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with Informetric’s affiliates worldwide, including subcontractors and authorized business partners who sell products or provide services on our behalf.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and/or authorized companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing website or mobile application usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, forums), and calculating, managing and reporting sales tax. Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
- Anyone Appropriate by Law: We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
Your principal rights under data protection laws are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies make the user experience more efficient by remembering your preferences and they help us to understand and improve how visitors use our website.
We may share aggregated data from cookies that has been anonymized (so that you are not identified) with third parties – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites – and may make this data publicly available. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers
We use Constant Contact to communicate with our subscribers. Constant Contact allows us to personalize our email correspondences and to gather information to determine what is appealing to our subscribers. Constant Contact’s privacy statement is available at: https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement.